Friday, January 15, 2010

Sanctify Me Through and Through

Several months ago, a friend of mine and I started praying 1 Thess. 5:23-24 for one another. I had read the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan, and in the process the Lord had deeply convicted me of my lukewarmness, lack of an obsession of Him, and an unwillingness to be sanctified*. WOW, talk about a punch to the gut!!! It shook me to my very core, and I haven't been the same since. Praise You, Lord!!
When you start praying to be sanctified and surrender all the junk to Him; everything, the worries, fears, the lack of trust, the idols that have built up, the things that you love and hold precious to you, the thoughts and lies that you have held onto, the dreams that you held onto so tightly, the strongholds that have held you captive; He is Faithful and He WILL do it! He will SHOW UP!!
It has been an exciting last few months, but hasn't always been fun. Conviction* is never fun, but He is teaching me to be thankful for it, because it means He is still working in me and making me more like Him. He is also teaching me to act on His commands and be immediately obedient.
He is sanctifying me and making me more aware of Him. I don't ever want to go back to the place I was at in my relationship to Him. I don't ever want to be sucked into that kind of lukewarmness again, EVER! I don't want to take one single step away from Him, not one! I want more and more of Him. I want to be closer and closer to Him and be captivated completely by Him. I am totally dependent on Him. I desperately need Him. I am so unworthy of His love.
So often, I try to fix things on my own, and that never works. I can't tell you how many times a day I take back a worry, or I choose a less than kind word(my tongue gets me in more trouble than I care to admit), or I have a thought that is unholy, or an attitude that is displeasing. But I am so grateful, that my God is Faithful, even when I am faithless (2 Tim. 2:13). "Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and who is my family, that you have brought us this far? Is this Your usual way of dealing with man?" (2 Sam. 7:18-28)
I am left absolutely speechless and weak in the knees at the promises! I am blown AWAY constantly by how amazing He is and how unworthy I am. I am so far from sanctified it isn't even funny and I won't be fully until I am with Him in Heaven, but I can't wait to walk that process hand-in-hand with the King of Kings!
In time, I hope to be able to share all of the things He is currently doing (because it makes me SO excited when He is obvious!!!), but for now I'm simply going to quote Psalm 118:23 "the LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes."

*Sanctify
–verb
to make holy; set apart as sacred; consecrate.

**Convict
–verb
1. to prove or declare guilty of an offense

2. to impress with a sense of guilt.

LORD, Most High God, Almighty, Sovereign, Faithful One,
May the God of peace Himself, sanctify me through and through. May my whole spirit, body, and soul be kept blameless at Your coming. I know that the One who has called me is Faithful and HE will do it! (1 Thess. 5:23-24) Help be quick to feel the prick of Your conviction in my life. Help me to be ready to seek forgiveness from You, and others if need be. I don't want to take one step away from You, Lord! I love You and praise Your Holy Name! Receive ALL the honor and glory, I am so unworthy!

No comments: