Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm a Work in Progress

I am so thankful that HE who began a good work in me WILL complete it!!!! He is still working on me and I need it! The sanctification is a work in progress.

Last night we had an incident in our home. The dinner burnt. BADLY!!! Filled the entire house with smoke. I'm surprised it didn't ignite, it was that bad! Lee, bless his heart, was supposed to watch it and forgot. I got home and saw the carnage of my meal and lost it. I'm talking a two year old fit. It was embarrassing. Ashamedly, I yelled and cried and stomped and slammed doors. It was terrible. TERRIBLE!!! In the scheme of life, a burnt dinner is not a big deal, a smoke filled house is not a big deal, Lee forgetting to check on it isn't a big deal. But for whatever reason, at that time, to me, it WAS! How could I have let my emotions get so out of hand? My fit, THAT was a big deal. The fact that I was not in the least kind, loving, patient, gentle, or understanding, THAT was a big deal! How could I have let a silly thing like a burnt meal cause me to be such a terrible example? The answer is, I'm sinful. I am a retched sinful human. I could have handle it SOOOOO much better. We could have easily had sandwiches, NOT A BIG DEAL! UGH....my stomach aches remembering my sinfulness.

Needless to say, I was deeply convicted! THANK YOU, LORD!!! I repented and then I went to my husband and boys and apologized for my atrocious behavior. I'm just so thankful that He who began a good work in me will complete it! I am SO thankful for conviction and the faithfulness and forgiveness of God! And a family who is also very forgiving! :)

Next time, hopefully there is never a next time, we will eat sandwiches with smiles and make a nice memory!

No comments: