Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dear Loren,

As I think about your upcoming graduation my heart is full. You, precious girl, have been a gift to me from the very hand of God. How can I put into words how blessed I am that God has put you in my life?


I longed for a daughter and my heart was broken as I knew He was asking me to surrender that dream to Him with the knowledge that His good and perfect will might not look the way I thought it should. In that moment, I heard Him say that He had given me a gift. He gave me you! You are my dear friend, my precious sister, my chipmunk daughter. I love you like you are mine! Lee, Hunter, and Braden love you like you are theirs. The Lord has grafted you into our little family. Whether you like it or not, you are ours forever! You are our girl!

I am so proud of the woman you are becoming...who you have become. You are not only beautiful on the outside, you are even more beautiful on the inside! I'm inspired by your love for the Lord and your desire to serve Him with everything in you. You seek Him with a desperation and maturity beyond your years. You have endured deep pain and hardship with unbelievable grace and dignity, becoming more like Christ daily in the midst of it. You conduct yourself with modesty and purity always. You are quite a catch, as many young men have noticed, yet you are saving that title of "girlfriend" for the one God has for you, and you seek Him in that. You don't care to fill your time with fleeting relationships or dates to fill an empty Friday night. Have I mentioned I'm beyond proud of you? You are a precious treasure. You make me laugh, even when I don't want to. You make me think. Our conversations about things of the Lord, challenge me and make me want to know Him more fully. Your joy, enthusiasm, and laughter are contagious. You are so funny!


Sweet girl, continue to seek Him with everything in you. Keep laser-focused on Him. Obey Him and follow Him, even when it seems crazy. You are beyond valuable, continue living like it! Throw all your cares on Him for He cares for you! I want you to know, without a doubt, that I pray for you daily, that I love you always, that I will forever be pro-Loren, and that we are on the same team. I can't wait to see the amazing plans that our God has for you, the adventures He has in store!


I love you deeply and I am intensely proud of you!

Your Sister, Friend, and Chipmunk Mama,

Sara

2 comments:

Martha Carolyn said...

Oh, girl, this is so sweet! To know Loren is to love her! :-)

-Lou said...

I love you SO much Sister, Friend and Chipmunk Mama!!! You're beyond the best!! :D