Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yesterday I read two blog posts that spoke to my heart deeply. I havent been able to stop thinking about them.

One was on the (in)courage website ~ http://www.incourage.me/2010/12/

The other was on A Holy Experience, which if you don't read regularly you should! ~ http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/04/how-hurting-women-can-help-each-other-heal/

Both are MUST reads.

Last weekend, I went to Living Proof Live in Little Rock. It was life-changing and a weekend that I won't ever forget. The theme was Fulfilling Your Ministry...which couldn't have been more timely! The Lord spoke so clearly.
I realized that I have wounds from past friendships...deep ones, that I put a temporary bandage over and tried to forget about. He had to do some deep cleaning in my heart to get rid of the festering infection that was under it all. But a deep cleaning He did, and the healing process has begun.
I think that that is why these two blog posts spoke to me so deeply. I get it. I've lived it.
I don't want to put up walls against close friendship. I don't want to keep people at arms length. I don't want to inflict further harm on others. I don't want to wound another sister warrior with my careless words.
I want true God-honoring friendships. I want to fight shoulder-to-shoulder, making sure that my words are an encouragement to those surrounding me. I want to stand up and defend those already wounded. I want to love just as God has called me to love, like He does!

No comments: