Friday, October 8, 2010

Shakin in My Boots...

Tonight...I'm doing somthing that scares me! BAD!

At 7:00pm, Aimee and I are singing a "concert" at a local church! We will be singing a few of the songs that the Lord has given us, and we will also be speaking briefly about our stories. Neither one of us has ever EVER done anything like this before.

It truly makes me shake in my boots(gray suede, to be exact!)!!!

After a mini meltdown in the bathroom just minutes ago, the Lord reminded me of these:

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-4

"I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand—I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth, and who say to Zion, 'You are my people.'" Isaiah 51:16

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while,
'He who is coming will come and will not delay.
But my righteous one will live by faith.
And if he shrinks back,
I will not be pleased with him.'
But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." Hebrews 10:35-39

"When I am afraid, I will trust in You!" Psalm 56:3

And finally......

"Remember that I commanded you to be strong and brave. Don't be afraid, because the Lord your God will be with you everywhere you go." Joshua 1:9

And so....I'm stepping out of my home and into that church tonight trusting that my God will share His glory with no one! I'm stepping out in faith, knowing that we are being obedient! I might not feel strong or brave right now...but I am, because HE is my strength and my confidence!


Lord, how can I say Thank you! How can I find the words to tell you how much I need! How much I long for You! I love You! Please receive ALL of the honor, glory, and praise in my life!!! You are most deserving and most holy! Be glorified tonight, be glorified forever!

No comments: