Saturday, February 15, 2014

Love

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all His mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.
 If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.

Love cares more for others than for self.
 
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
 
Love doesn’t strut,
 
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
 
Doesn’t force itself on others,
 
Isn’t always “me first,”
 
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
 
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
 
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
 
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
 
Puts up with anything,
 
Trusts God always,
 
Always looks for the best,
 
Never looks back,
 
But keeps going to the end.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7



"Jesus said, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list. 
 But there is a second to set alongside it: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ These two commands are pegs; everything in God’s Law and the Prophets hangs from them.”
Matthew 22:37-40

No comments: