Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Devil's Den

We went hiking today! I love to be outside in the midst of the beauty that God has created for us with the three people that I love most on the earth!We had a late picnic lunch and then set off hiking Devil's Den trail. It was so much fun!!!He makes me laugh!! HAHA!!!

It was a gorgeous day! The weather couldn't have been more perfect! It was a little strange walking around in short sleeves with snow still on the ground. We caved a bit and that was a story all in it's own! :) We forgot a flashlight and thought we would follow a group of teenagers who were in front of us who had a flashlight with them! Ya...I know! :/ They left us in the dust...or in the pitch dark, as the case was! Good thing we didn't have to wait very long for another group to come along that DID think to bring a flashlight and who were as slow moving as we were! Lesson learned!!!!
Lee wasn't the biggest fan of the cave. There were lots of bats and he recently had a tramatic experience that included a large bat! HAHA!!!! THAT is a story that you need to ask him about! It's HILARIOUS!!!! Both boys said that I was the bravest girl they knew! They spent the whole time telling people (strangers, mind you!) that they had the "Greatest Mom EVER!!! She is the bravest!" They were VERY proud of me! They make me laugh too! :)

We have been here before. We have hiked this same trail. But today seemed different somehow! The beauty around us was just...just...breath-taking, astounding, awe-inspiring, it made my heart and my mouth sing the Creator's praises! I wish that my camera could have somehow been able to capture the true beauty around us! I tried though! :)
Today, I was overcome anew with the wonder and power of the majesty of the Lord! To think that there is NOTHING on earth as beautiful as He is! WOW!!! I couldn't stop thinking about this verse ~

Psalm 8:3-4 "When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?

I also couldn't get the song "Beautiful One" out of my head! Lee and I may have sang it rather loudly down the trail! We just couldn't help it! Praises to our MAJESTIC Creator were just spilling out of our mouths!! :)

No comments: