I have spent today in my pajama pants, cozy socks, and a big comfy sweatshirt taking down Christmas (yes, just now taking it down...don't judge!) and watching old movies in the process. I have also been indulging in
Today has been the perfect day for such activities and I love it! I am a snuggly weather kind of gal. I'm also an old movie watchin' kind of gal. I love old movies, especially old movies on a cold wintery day. They just seem to fit perfectly...that and lots of coffee! :)
What are my top ten favorites? Why, I'm glad you asked! ;)
1. Adam's Rib ~ My #1 absolute FAVORITE old movie! It's has Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. It's hilarious and definitely ahead of its time! It has a permanent place in my DVR queue. Love love love it!
2. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers ~ I mean...who wouldn't love this movie! My sisters and I adored this movie growing up...and the grown-up me still does! :)
3. I Was a Male War Bride ~ Again, it is hilarious! And Cary Grant is in it and I have had a movie crush on him since girlhood! Sigh...
4. All the Tammy movies ~ Tammy and the Bachelor, Tammy Tell Me True, Tammy and the Doctor, Tammy and the Millionaire...loved them as a 10 year old little girl dreaming of prince charming...still love them as a grown woman with my own prince charming! My mom would rent these movies and her, my sisters, and I would have a movie watching party. My dad and brother were also involved, simply because they were out numbered. :)
5. Bundle of Joy ~ Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher...adorable!
6. Pollyanna ~ I watched this movie probably a 100 times in my life. There was one particular scene in which they made cakes for the fair and everytime it came on, my dad would make cake! HAHA! There were times that we would turn it on, just because we wanted cake! :)
7. Cinderfella ~ Jerry Lewis...enough said
8. The Philadelphia Story ~ Funny, classic, Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart...you just can't ask for more
9. Pillow Talk ~ Doris Day...yes please!
10. Operation Petticoat ~ Again...Cary Grant
I could go on and on! I love old movies, actors/actresses, the romance of a time gone by, and I love watching said movie in the same ignorance and naivety of my girlhood. Did many of these actors live some pretty raunchy lives? Sure. Hindsite is 20/20 indeed...but I don't want know...I would rather just watch their movies for what they are, GOOD MOVIES!
Now I'm off to enjoy the rest of our snowy day! Hoping for more of the white stuff tomorrow! Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!